I have been on a matcha kick lately. In an effort to stop drinking so much coffee, I decided to have one cup in the morning and then switch over to tea throughout the day. I am hoping that it is taking some pressure off of my adrenal glands (that’s a whole different topic – stay tuned) and allowing my body to manage its cortisol levels more appropriately. SO, I have been experimenting more with matcha and came up with this delicious and super simple recipe 🙂 The coconut milk makes this latte so rich, frothy and decadent. It tastes like dessert!
A few recipe notes:
- Buy the coconut milk that comes in a can and has no other additives. It is the purest form. There is a natural separation that will occur and so you will have to dump everything into a blender to make it mix thoroughly.
- Use high-quality matcha powder – I actually used Trader Joe’s single serving packets for ease and they’re amazing!
- Pour over ice if you would like.
- You may use whatever milk you like, but please note that almond milk does not froth that well (but still tastes amazing 🙂 )
I hope you enjoy this latte as much as I do!
COCONUT MATCHA LATTE (VEGAN)
Creamy, smooth, and decadent. This is the perfect way to start your day or as a midday pick-me-up!
1 teaspoon matcha powder (good quality)
1/3 cup hot water
1/2 cup warmed coconut milk
1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- Spoon the matcha into a large mug. Add the hot water and whisk briskly, in an up and down motion, until frothy – about 30 seconds or so.
- Add the coconut milk and whisk until well combined.
- Add the maple syrup in and whisk.
- Taste and add more water, coconut milk, or maple syrup if you would like!
- I used full-fat coconut milk, which makes for a richer latte. If you want to lighten things up a bit, use light coconut milk.